Skip to main content

More About Me.

I am a mom. I have two sons. One is in ninth grade, the other is in seventh. I have been homeschooling my children from the beginning of their education. I chose to homeschool because as a former elementary school teacher I saw the struggles of reaching every child first hand. I saw the classrooms having too many students and the lack of time to give them all what they needed bothered me. So, I chose to homeschool. Now that my children are older and the basic knowledge of what is needed to succeed in school has been taught, I wanted to find a way to reach more children.

I began my tutoring journey back in my teaching days. I loved the one on one attention I could give each child. Fast forward to 2023 and I found a company to work with to allow me to do just that. I received their rigorous, specialized training. With sixty hours of Science of Reading-aligned professional training and fifty+ hours of tutoring practicum with real students, I have taught over 3500 sessions with students growing in their abilities and confidence as readers. I love to see it! I've had many students grow from learning basic alphabet knowledge to being able to read multi-syllabic words. It's amazing to watch these transformations. 

I'm taking what I know and branching out to reach more children. 

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming a master fluent reader!

 Have you ever wondered how it is we master reading? Decode x Language Comprehension = Reading Comprehension When we decode, our ability to apply sound-symbol relationships to read words, and multiply that by our language comprehension, our ability to understand spoken language, we gain reading comprehension. This powerful equation shows us that mastering both word recognition and understanding spoken language is key to teaching fluent readers. 

Every Journey Begins With Mastering The Basics.

Every student can learn to read with the right instruction. With one-to-one, online, Science of Reading-based tutoring we close your child's decoding gaps to get them caught up fast. I will teach your child the foundational skills they need to become confident, fluent readers.  Differentiated instruction  is what students need,   but it’s hard for schools to do alone. With 67% of fourth graders not reading at grade level, more districts are adopting evidence-based approaches to teaching reading. The fact remains, however, that giving students the differentiated instruction required to close their skills gaps—and quickly—is challenging for any school to do alone. I take what your child knows and fill in those missing pieces to help them get better at reading. 

Our Curriculum.

Our program is an evidence based foundational skills curriculum.